Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blog Challenge. Day 22.

Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else?







Where do I begin?



When I was a little girl, I remember my grandma Reeder always telling me something that has stuck with me my whole life.



"Weird is wonderful."







I guarantee you I will someday have a sign hanging in my house that will say this. I will even put her name on it so I will be quoting her.







I am not sure if she constantly told me this to make me feel better about my weird self or if she really meant it. Maybe a little of both, but I am quite sure she really meant it. She would always tell me growing up, that anyone can be normal. Normal people are boring. It is the weird people that are interesting. They are the ones you want to be around. I took this to heart. I began embracing everything that was different about me.







When I got to be in middle school, I felt a little insecure at times about my weird, wonderful self. Because truth is, I am a little different. I realize I am a little goofy compared to most people. I like being goofy, but sometimes I feel like I have a hard time relating with people. I have never had a hard time being social, but I have a hard time really opening up to people and letting them be my friend. I figure that maybe people wouldn't understand some things about me and would judge me.







I have never once stopped from being myself though. So I guess what makes me the most different from other people, is that I like being different. I don't try to fit in. I want to stand out. I am not afraid to walk to the beat of my own drum, even if I am walking alone sometimes. . .and getting weird looks from everyone else. I will do outrageous things to my hair, I will wear things that other people don't wear, I will say things I think are funny that make no sense to anyone else. I try to step back and look at the world in my own unique way. I have made my own self-discovery that weird really is wonderful. Honestly, I think everyone is a little weird. Most people just fight off their weirdness. They try to hide it with a bunch of fake normality. So take my grandma's word, and my word too:





Weird is wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.