Day 18: Plans/dreams/goals you have. . .
I have probably millions of dreams. Many of them have turned into actual goals that I want to reach. While some are in the works of becoming actual plans. I could go on forever. But I won't. Here is a list of a few important things I dream of doing in my lifetime:
- Have a family. The more and more I think about it, the more excited I get about one day being a mom. I do not know how I will do at raising children, but it will be an advenutre. And I don't plan on having children for another good ten years. . .or five. Well, I'll just focus on finding a Mr. first before I worry about the kid part.
- Adopt. I want to adopt REALLY bad! Believe me, if you ever went to another country and spent two weeks with beautiful orphan children, you would be determined to give them a home too.
- Get married in the temple to my best friend in the whole wide world.
- Get an internship the summer of 2012 at a news station in SLC.
- Graduate from USU in December of 2012
- Move out of Utah/Idaho. Even just for a little bit. I would love to end up back here though. When I start popping out kids.
- Travel. I would love to travel the world. I have done a bit of traveling in my short lifetime, and I absolutely love it. If I had lots of money, I'd rather live in a small house and use most of my money to go places and experience things. A few of the places I dream of going are: Thailand, Greece, India, Denmark, Germany, South America, the South in this country, Australia, and all over the continent of Africa. I realize I probably will not make it to all these places. But a girl can dream, right?
- Be a reporter or anchor for a news station. I am not sure that I want to work my whole life, but I would love to work in my field of study even if it is not for a way long time. I just feel so passionate about what I am learning right now, and I want to use what I am learning.
- Write a book. I have always wanted to do this, but always decided it was too much time and work that might be wasted if it never gets published. I have decided though, that even if I do not actually get published, it won't matter. I will still have wrote a book. So I am going to try.
- Fix up an old home. My dream home would be the old victorian farm home style. I think it would be an awesome journey to actually live in an old home and fix it up. I want to decorate with antiques and quilts and things. I just want it to have that cozy home feel.
- I want to scuba dive really bad.
- I would absolutley adore being able to be an actual spectator at the summer olympics. The summer olympics are one of my favorite things that make it on television. Seriously, I become a couch potato when the summer olympics come on. I am a little bit of a sports fanatic, but it's more than just that. I love hearing the athletes' stories. I love the history of the olympics themselves. I also love learning about the history and culture of the place that hosts the olympics. I can be kind of a history nerd sometimes.
- I want to go to the Kentucky Derby, wear a big fancy hat, and act important.
The list could go on and on, but I believe I will stop here. I love having dreams. I just think it is sad that so many people have dreams but then never really pursue them. I hope I can always motivate myself to pursue them. Thanks for reading and happy weekend!!