Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blog Challenge. Day 15.

I am on Day 15. Look at that. I am half way there. It feels good. I have been doing homework nonstop for the past few hours, so I am excited to blog. And today is fun because it involves something I love. . .MUSIC.







Day 15: Put your iPod on shuffle. . . First 10 songs that play.



I will now have Little Miss Blue (that is the name of my iPod, and yes I do name my belongings) play her little heart out.



1. The Great Escape by: Boys Like Girls

How much do I absolutely adore this song? A lot. I think of easier times. Not that they were better. Just easier. So carefree. Back in a town where everyone knew everyone, and where the possibilties were endless. I think of weekend nights reeking havoc with the girls. And yes, we did reek havoc. Oh, the stories of stupidity and pranks we pulled that I have to tell. This is my favorite part of the song: "Tonight will change our lives. It's so good to be by your side. We'll cry. We won't give up the fight. We'll scream loud at the top of our lungs, and they'll think it's just cuz we're young. We'll feel so alive." Oh how I love that. I hope my whole life I will scream loud at the top of my lungs, letting everyone know I am young at heart and alive.




2. Hello Mr. Heartache by: Dixie Chicks

So I totally love the Dixie Chicks. I think basically because I loved them as a little girl. So I remember myself being little again. I see a little girl with long, wavy brown hair, riding in the tractor with Grandpa Steve, my skin completely baked to a dark brown by the summer sun.



3. With Me by: Sum 41

I adore this song and I adore Sum 41. This could possibly be one of my most favorite cliche love songs ever! Catherine and I wanted it for our Senior Prom song SO bad. . .but for the first time in our lives we actually did not get our way. It is alright, Sum 41. You still rock in my book. "In front of your eyes, it falls from the skies." It is funny how correct this statement is. Especially when it comes to love.





4. Check Yes Juliet by: We the Kings

I think most people know and love this song. It is about running away with the person you love, even if everyone else has a different plan for you. Because who cares about the plan when you are in love, right? This song is fun. "Run, baby, run. Don't ever look back."



5. 99 Red Balloons by: Goldfinger

Oh yes, I have not listened to this song in forever! But it is great! This song instantly puts me in a good mood. So many times after listening to it, I have been tempted to go and buy 99 red balloons and just let them go. Most likely walk out onto the dock of a lake, when the sun is setting, and let them go. And I'll be wearing a sundress. . .because it will be summer time. I want to do it. I think it would feel liberating. I want to experience exactly what this song is singing about. I really am going to do it. Let 99 red balloons go before I die. Maybe even next summer if I feel like it. "99 dreams I have had. Every one a red balloon."




6. Here Comes the Sun by: The Beatles

Whenever I hear this song, I think of my wonderful high school English teacher. We had a discussion about this very song before class one time. He loved the Beatles and so did I. We loved a lot of the same things. He was a retired hippie. He actually called me his "flower child" and I was quite fond of it. This is his very favorite Beatles song, written by George Harrison I believe. It is a song about being optimistic. "Here comes the sun, doo, doo, doo, doo. ."



7. Fix You by: Coldplay

I feel like Coldplay is the mastermind behind some of the most moving songs ever. This song moves me every time I hear it. Just listen to the very start of the song. . ."When you try your best but you don't succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need. When you feel so tired but you can't sleep. Stuck in reverse. And the tears come streaming down your face when you lose something you can't replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste. Could it be worse? Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you."
Yep, that's moving stuff right there. I totally relate with this song. There have been countless times that I have been the one that needs to feel my bones ignite, and probably more times that I have tried to do the igniting. I have this disease where I think I need to fix people. When they are hurting, I put myself through their hurt and try to mend them. I think that is a major reason I love this song so much.



8. The Way I Am by:Ingrid Michaelson

I might possibly want to sing this song to my husband at our wedding. Whenever that day comes. I'll play the tambourine and all. It reminds me of myself a little. It is a happy and kind of weird song. Just like me. A happy and weird person. "If you are chilly, here take my sweater. Your head is aching, I'll make it better. Cuz I love the way you call me, 'baby'. And you take me the way I am."



9. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

I have always been a fan of the Goo Goo Dolls. I know this is silly, but whenever I hear this song, I am taken back to the first night I hung out with Brian. Mostly because it was playing on my mix cd when Brian arrived at my apartment. I remember not knowing what to expect. I did not know what I wanted. I had no clue what he wanted. For some strange reason, I did not take time to put make-up on. All I wore on my face was lip gloss. I did not take an hour to get ready for our date like I did for most other dates. And I have no idea why. Because I wanted to impress him. But maybe I was just ready to be myself more than be ready to impress. He was the first boy ever that I was able to completely be myself with. And I was from the very start, even though I sometimes tried hard to strategize and play games like I had in the past. Just like the song says, "I don't want the world to see me, because I don't think that they'd understand. When everything is meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am." How very ironic that these are the lyrics that were blasting the very first time Brian sat on my couch, waiting for me to unplug my cd player.



10. High by: James Blunt

This may just be my favorite James Blunt song. It makes me imagine myself an older Kelsey. Waking up early, in the wee hours of the morning, with my husband. We will put our robes on and we look out the window at the sun peaking over the horizon at us. . .and it warms up my whole soul and makes me feel high. Our kids are grown ups by this time. Yes, when I said older Kelsey I meant old. Like grandma old. And I am happy. "Promise me tomorrow starts with you getting high. Beautiful dawn."


Wow, that was so much fun. Sorry for going into detail on each song, but this was a much needed break from homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.