Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog Challenge. Day 17.


Day 17: Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why.

I got thinking about this question pretty hard. Maybe I would want to be a celebrity so that I could walk around and get chased by a camera, while wearing really expensive clothes. Maybe I would want to be a professional athlete so that I could jump really high. Just for fun. Maybe I would want to be a genius so I could do math all day long and never complain once because I would actually know what I was doing.


This decision of mine all boils down to one thing. . . . the TRUTH.

Every person in the world has a hard life in some way or another. So switching lives with someone for a day would not be as magical as everyone thinks. I have realized this just within the last year.

I remember back when I use to compare myself to other girls. Girls I did not even know. Girls that I did know too. I would see a girl and instantly start comparing myself to her. I think a lot of girls do this. . .even if they won't admit it. It is not a healthy thing to do at all. Why compare?

Happy to say, I have pretty much conquered this unhealthy habit. It was hard, but I did it. I have learned more fully to appreciate other girls for what they are. And also. . . .they aren't me. I have just faced the facts that there are always going to be girls out there that are prettier than me. Girls that are better athletes than me. Girls that are smarter than me. Girls that have more money than me. And I have decided that these facts are a-okay! Because I will always be better at something than all those other girls as well. And no one is better at being me than me. I have realized how silly it is for girls to always be thinking, "Oh, I wish I was more like so and so. . ." Because honestly, so and so is probably wishing sometimes that she was you. Isn't that crazy?

So my answer, plain and simple, is that if I had the chance to switch lives with anyone for a day, I wouldn't take it. I don't want to be anyone other than me. Even if it is only for a day. Because being me rocks! And if you think my answer is a cop-out. . . .maybe you have self-esteem issues. Go work on loving your life a little more. Because I bet being you rocks too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.