Friday, April 27, 2012

Shuffle

Just about the only times I religiously use my iPod are when I am at the gym, or going on a long run up the canyon or around the old brick houses in Logan. It's the thing that gets me through my daily workouts. However, during my workouts, I keep a few of my select playlists going on the iPod. Workout songs if you will. Lots of 80s power ballads and hip hop tunes come on. I would love to once in a while keep my iPod on shuffle while I'm working out. But the fact that 1/4 of my music consists of Christmas songs probably stops me. There's just nothing that makes me want to run up a hill harder than listening to Jingle Bells. . .

I kind of think walking around everywhere with headphones in my ears is rude. But this morning, I chose to be rude. So I walked around campus listening to my iPod. I put it on shuffle and some great song found their way to my ears. That is until I rode the bus home and the older gentleman driving gave me a look like, "Disrespectful kids, always listening to their music," and that's when I took my headphones out and listened to the song playing on the radio, which was "Memory" from the musical CATS. Which I didn't mind, I like that song. And then after listening to old man bus driver's music, I made sure to give him a polite, "thanks for the ride and have a great day." I think it made him happy.



And here are the first 10 songs that came up on my shuffle, which will (I hope) make you happy as well:



1. Run - Collective Soul 

2. Breakin' - All American Rejects 

3. Got To Get You Into My Life - The Beatles 

4. Your Call - Secondhand Serenade 

5. Stolen - Dashboard Confessional

6. Girls Don't Like Boys - Good Charlotte

7. (You Want To) Make a Memory - Bon Jovi 

8. Ordinary Day - Vanessa Carlton 

9 My Name is Jonas - Weezer 

10. Til Kingdom Come - Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.