Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let's Get Rich and Give Everybody Nice Sweaters




Remember last week when I went to an Ingrid Michaelson concert? Oh boy, that was a good time!

Music is a beautiful thing. I learned that even more last Thursday as Ingrid sang some pretty words and as I glanced at the sea of people around me. There were so many different people in that building from all walks of life. Some of us were silly college girls who worry about grades, and love, and what we're going to do with our lives. Some were silly high school girls who worry about boys, and their friends, and what they're going to do with their hair. Some people were older with real careers, real goals, and maybe bigger worries too. Some danced, and screamed, and recorded all the performances on their iPhones. While others chilled out, and swayed back and forth to the music.

But despite everyone in that room being so different, we were there to listen to the same music, and enjoy the same songs. And we were all happy. It just turned into this room booming with music and oozing with happiness. And we left all our worries out on the street. That, my dears, is what music is all about.

Also, the opening band was freaking splendid. The band who opened the show was Harper Blynn. Shayla and I loved them, and you will too. I strongly suggest you check them out. Go here  to download their newest album, Busy Hands, for FREE. That's right. It's free. Free is rare. Especially for good music. We're not talking day old doughnuts here. We're talking music which is beautiful to the eardrums.

I want to be a rockstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.