Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Weekend Escape




I am no quitter, but occasionally I will run away from my problems. But only for a little while. And then I come back to reality. A few weekends ago, just before the snow started flying, Brian and I ran away for the weekend. We stayed in his parents' cabin and I think it's just what we both needed. School had just about done us in that week. We both had several tests to take and assignments to hand in. I basically felt like I was crawling on my hands and knees by the time Friday rolled around. So we packed a small bag and ran away to the mountains. We ate a glorious dinner, played card games, watched movies, snuggled, and munched on Toblerone chocolate. And we didn't think about school, work, or any of our responsibilities not once.

It was just what the doctor ordered. Because when Monday came along, I was ready to put on my game face  once again.

I believe in taking breaks from responsibility. It's important. So all you hard workers out there, remember to take a break and relax. Let your hair down and find some 'you' time. It's perfectly perfect to run away once in a while. As long as you always come back.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! We may have just booked a hotel in Vegas during finals week.... Hopefully I DO come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, good luck with finals! And have oh so much fun in Vegas. That'll be a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.