Friday, November 18, 2011

Simple Things

Today I went to the grocery store to purchase myself a box of tampons and a bag of tampax pads. I left with a box of tampons, a bag of tampax pads, two bouquets of flowers, a nutcracker, and some Christmas ornaments. Oh, and a heart full of good feelings.




It's funny how the simple things can make a person so delectably happy.

Like bouquets of sparse, slightly mushed flowers that are buy one get one half off, so you can buy some cheery cheap flowers for yourself and also one for a friend.

Or like the whiff of cinnamon that engulfs your whole being the moment you come in range of the store's Christmas aisles.

Or like the way the mountains look so pretty topped with snow and surrounded by dark clouds.


I am so grateful for the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.