Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Truth Tuesday

  • Today has been a delightful Tuesday. I only had one class and now no classes until Monday. Life is good. But I have a feeling this week is going to fly by way too quick! 

  • I never want to eat at the Hub again. The Hub is basically this mini food court in USU's student center, for those who don't know. Every time I get stuck up on campus and have no choice but to buy food from there, I feel sick the rest of the day. Talk about awful.

  • It really hasn't registered yet that Thanksgiving is only a couple days away. This will be the first Thanksgiving ever that I don't spend with my own family. But that's a good thing. I'm excited to spend it with the Wellers. But I still hope the Kellers will miss me a little, because I'll miss them. 

  • I am basically a grammar nerd. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not perfect, but I really do try to use correct grammar. Because, quite frankly, I don't enjoy thinking that I might look like an idiot when I write things out on paper. Therefore, I am very careful when it comes to common errors. Like using the right kind of then and than. And their and there. And you're and your (one that is constantly getting messed up). And using it's as a contraction and its as possessive. Speaking of that tricky little apostrophe, I never understand people who throw apostrophes all over the place randomly. It's like people feel as if they haven't used those apostrophe's for a while so they decide it's time to throw some in word's here and there. And yes, I just misused my apostrophe in that last sentence on purpose.  

  • So now that I've proven to everyone reading this that I'm a freaking psycho, I will now further prove this by telling you all a quick story. Tonight as I drove past A&W, I quickly realized an error on their sign. AWSOME DEALS . . . and I can't even recall what those awesome deals were because all I could focus on was that missing E from awesome. And the whole rest of my drive, all I could think about was that missing E and how A&W might possibly be losing business because their sign looked ridiculous. So when I finally reached my apartment, I asked myself, "Would it be rude or nice if I called to inform them of this missing E?" I came to the conclusion that it might be more nice than rude. So I called. I hope they fix their spelling soon. 

  • Oh, and I hate talking on the phone. I always sound like a scared little kid. I feel so uncomfortable talking to someone I can't see. I like reading body language and I like to see the person's face when I'm talking to them. That's all. 


3 comments:

  1. First of all I love that you called A&W. Second, I am totally 1 million percent with you when it comes to talking on the phone. This is another reason I avoid the drive-thru at all costs. SCARY!
    Happy Thanksgiving Kelsey and Brian! May you enjoy the first of many together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an awesome comment to your A&W story. My friend here in WA has a son named "Awsumb"

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.