Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm Not Over June


I love July. I really, really do. Out of all the months, July knows how to have a good time. I guess you might say July is the life of the party when all the months get together in the calendar. Every summer, I seem to always look forward to July. I almost think I wish away June so July can come sooner.

This summer is different. I actually feel a bit somber knowing that June is over. It went by so fast. And now as I find myself looking forward to the July heat, parties, boating, and vacations . . . I find myself wanting to hang onto June. Because June is the start of summer and the start of a lot of things. July is always so busy that it goes by quick and then August will be upon us. In other words, I am already looking ahead to summer ending and school being here. I'm not ready to go back. I want to just stay in June. At least for a bit longer. But alas, I am not in charge of time. So the best I can do is enjoy every passing minute that seems to slip away so quickly. And yes, I plan on doing that. So here is a toast to embracing every moment and savoring it.

Dear July, let's be friends. Let's start with a wonderful 4th celebration tomorrow. Deal? Okay, deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.