Thursday, June 21, 2012

Slow Motion













On Saturday we went with my fam to visit the grandpas for Father's Day. My mom made the most fun ties and tied them around boxes of chocolates for their gifts. Yeah, she's pretty creative. While visiting my grandpa Steve, I just had to snap some pictures. It was just one of those perfect summer evenings when the sunset just seems to dust everything around you in the most perfect shimmering gold. We took the pedal boat out on the pond, played with Mochie the dog, watched the playful hummingbirds, and just enjoyed one another's company.

Since the summer months are here and I'm not in school, life has really slowed down. I feel like I was on the freeway, cruising at 80 mph , weaving in and out of traffic, and now I just took an exit onto a slow dirt road. It's been a weird adjustment, but I think it's what I need right now. I like being busy. I even like being crazy busy like I was this past school year (yes, I like turning my hairs grey). But I was going so incredibly fast that I didn't have time to always enjoy the little things like I typically do. I'm a girl who appreciates little details. And I think I really need this summer to notice all those little details again. So here is to a summer spent in limbo, a summer of brainstorming, experimenting, a few months spent in slow motion and enjoying the view.

1 comment:

  1. Those first pictures of the hummingbirds are really cool. What an awesome summer evening. I need to go to Idaho very soon . .
    Colette

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.