old family photos
My great-grandpa's sister
My favorite cemetery to visit
- I always have and always will love Memorial Day. I've always been a bit of a history nut. Even when I was a young girl, I loved listening to my great-grandma tell stories about the Great Depression and a time when girls couldn't wear pants to school. And now my great-grandma is gone, and most of the people who lived during the Great Depression are gone. Of course you can always read about the Great Depression, but it's just so different to know someone, to have a name to attach it with, and know their personal experiences that went along with the event. I love visiting the graves of my ancestors. I love talking about those peoples' lives and bringing them back with us for the day. It's important to remember where we came from, and be grateful to those who gave us what we have. On Saturday, we visited my grandparents. My grandma Reeder pulled out some old photographs of ancestors and told me about them. I almost felt like I knew them at that moment, I could almost feel them lingering there with us in the room. And it was so much more special when I then paid a visit to their graves on Monday.
- I've been wanting to watch this movie more than anything the last few days. Before the end of the week, mind you, I'll sit Brian down and we'll watch it. Maybe even pop some popcorn. It makes me laugh until I cry. And it has Sandra Bullock AND Bradley Cooper in it. Where can you go wrong, really.
- Speaking of movies, Brian and I went to see What to Expect When You're Expecting and we thought it was too funny. If you get uncomfortable with talk of the vagina and such, I suggest you do not see it. If you are a woman, you will love it. If you are a mature man, you will also love it. But if you're the kind of man who gets all dramatic every time you take a walk down the tampon aisle at the grocery store. . .then you won't be able to appreciate the beauty of this movie. But what I really wanted to say about this movie, is that I want Cameron Diaz's arms. Every time she is in a movie, I just find myself staring at her arms and yearning after them. New item on the summer bucket list: Get Cameron Diaz arms.
- I idolize Denise Austin. I have a yoga DVD of hers and I love our mornings spent together. New item on the life bucket list: Be like Denise Austin when I am in my late fifties.
- I babysat the cutest, little baby today. Her pretty, little mom asked me afterwards if it made me want to have kids. I told her no. Because honestly, I worry I'm going to be one of those super protective and hyper worrying parents. The kind that can't let their children out of their sight. Because that's how I was today. And quite frankly, I feel like doing that every day will shorten my life-span. Apparently I need to chill out before I start raising babies.
- Today Brian gave me a compliment. After "Jump" came on our classic rock radio station and he asked me who sang it, I quickly replied, "Van Halen". I thought everybody knew that Van Halen sang that song. But then Brian said, "Your ability to identify 80s rock songs is unparalleled by any girl I know." I guess my parents raised me on 80s power ballads and such, and I guess I just paid attention. I love a good 80s rock song though. I mean, if this song comes on anywhere and at anytime, I'm instantly singing and fist pumping. True story. Even ask Brian. And believe me, you really want to click on that link and watch that fabulous music video. 80s music videos are so cheesy it kills me.
- I have a new goal to really start drinking more water. I'm not a big pop drinker, so I'm usually drinking water or milk (or Simply Orange if it's morning time) but I know I still need to do better. Especially with my upcoming half marathon at the end of June. If you want to drink more water too, I found an article which talks about nine ways to drink more water. Mmm, water. I will make myself drink more of you and your goodness.
Happy Tuesday, you lovelies!