Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pondering




I should be in bed right now. Or at least showering. But I'm not because I'm too busy pondering. Brian and I are speaking in church tomorrow. Is it odd that I actually enjoy speaking in church? Probably. I'm odd. But I just love these opportunities because in the end, I feel like I learn so much about the topic I'm assigned to speak on. And most the time, the topic somehow seems to fit perfectly into my life, like it's something my Heavenly Father knows I need to gain a greater understanding of.

I am speaking on agency. And not to get all religious up on everybody, but here's a lovely quote I found regarding agency:

   “Agency allows us to be tested and tried to see whether or not we will endure to the end and return to our Heavenly Father with honor. Agency is the catalyst that leads us to express our inward spiritual desires in outward Christlike behavior. Agency permits us to make faithful, obedient choices that strengthen us so that we can lift and strengthen others. Agency used righteously allows light to dispel the darkness and enables us to live with joy and happiness in the present, look with faith to the future, even into the eternities, and not dwell on the things of the past. Our use of agency determines who we are and what we will be.”
               -Robert D. Hales


I hope I can always strive to exercise my agency in a way to bring myself closer to Christ and not push myself away, to strengthen and lift others and not tear others down, to spread light and not hide in the darkness. 


Guys, no matter what your beliefs are, I want you to know that our spirits are so powerful and can do so much good. You are beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.