Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Best: 90s Child

First off, I want to say thanks for all the motivating comments in regard to my last post. I received several messages through facebook and through blogger about it. I'm a tad bit embarrassed about it. I promise I wasn't out fishing for compliments or comfort. A girl just needs to rant sometimes. But heck, the compliments and comforting words were a nice bonus. You people are the best! And after reading the book You Are Special today in primary, I was reminded that none of us are "just average". We are all very special and loved. And the real important thing in life is to remind others that they are special and loved as well. I need to stop giving myself so many dot stickers (if you haven't read the book, you won't get that reference)! I think the leader who chose to read that book was trying to get a message across to our primary kids, but she has no idea how much I needed that message too. 

Whew, now that I got that off my chest. . .on to the Sunday outfit! 





boots: Ross, leg warmers: Kohls, skirt: Alloy, shirt: some website which I sadly cannot remember, levi vest: Smith's


You know how fashion is mostly just a big cycle? Things of the past seem to always come back in style. Like  I remember a few years back when lots of 80s trends were coming back and my mom just raved about it. I would buy a new item of clothing and she'd be all like, "No way! I had something just like that in high school!" 

Well, I honestly never thought I'd see the day that 90s fashion would come back. But guys, I'm seeing the grunge look all around me nowadays. And did you hear that Furbys are now back on the shelves in toy stores? Man, I loved my Furby. My mother hated it. Now I'm just waiting for "Saved By the Bell" to come back and for all the kids to start carrying giga-pets on their backpacks. 

The 90s were a good time to be a kid. So good that I purchased a levi vest. . .just to relish in my childhood a little. Needless to say, I've worn it about three times in the last week. I feel so edgy. 

As much as I'm loving this 90s kick, I draw the line at swishy pants and wearing socks with sandals. Did anyone else own a pair of swishy pants in grade school? Mine were neon colors and had a matching jacket too. That's right, be jealous. 

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... I love your t-shirt. So awesome. Hahaha. I also love the 90's. Next time I go back home, I'm grabbing my neon fanny pack that I know is sitting in my storage and I'll be wearing that baby everywhere I possibly can. I asked this kid I know if he could rap the song from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. His response, "I've never watched it." I have judged him ever since, especially since me and my friends rapped it as we drove through Bel Air last fall. Amazing. Long live the 90's!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.