Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sticky Fingers & Beer Fries


On Monday, Brian and I celebrated our four month (I can't believe we're already to the four month mark) anniversary. I know that probably sounds ridiculous that we celebrate by months, but it's not like we do anything huge and monumental. It's basically just an excuse to find the time to do little and meaningful things together.

Like on Monday I decided I wanted to try some new recipes for dinner. I figured I'd make some kind of romantic food, although I guess I don't know what romantic food is. I guess Italian food seems pretty romantic. So I began searching the web for recipes that seemed lovey dovey. But like the unromantic person I am, I found two recipes to die for that were ultra easy and fast. I couldn't resist so instead of making romantic food, I ended up making bar food. That's right, I cracked my first can of beer and used it to make garlic beer fries and I found this recipe that was a copycat of Wingers sticky fingers. Brian and I LOVE Wingers, and their sticky fingers are our favorite.

The food was actually delicious. Yes, I really made something that tasted delicious, I was surprised too. And we even had leftovers for lunch the next day.

After eating our greasy American food, we ate cheesecake together and watched Home Alone. When Brian got home from work, he also surprised me with flowers. What a sweet pal.


So I've had several people ask for the sticky finger recipe, so I thought I'd post the link to the recipe I used here, along with the beer fries too.






It ended up being such a sweet little night. And if I can make this food and claim it was easy, than basically anyone can. The only thing you'll need to make this meal complete is a cute kitty to curl up in the chair by the table. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.