Friday, December 16, 2011

I'll Sugar Your Cookie




One of my very favorite Christmas traditions is making sugar cookies with my mom. Since I am free from school for a few weeks, this leaves me with my days pretty darn free while BWell is off at work all day. So yesterday I traveled northward and found myself in the mountains of Idaho, making cookies with my lovely mother. It was such a treat to spend the day with her frosting cookies, laughing, and eating cookies once we got sick of decorating them all. What can I say, it's not baking unless you eat the stuff while you bake it.

Luckily, my mom let me bring a serving of the cookies home so I could share them with Brian. I am not a huge fan of sugar cookies usually. I figure if I'm going to eat a cookie, I want to eat something better than a hard cookie with frosting smeared on it. My mom's recipe is an exception. They are the dreamiest sugar cookies of all. Crisp on the edges with a soft and sugary middle. Yum.

I may or may not have had them for breakfast this morning. Don't judge me. I ate them all in the spirit of Christmas. And yes, I am going to the gym now, so they cancel each other out. It's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.