Sunday, October 9, 2011

Temporary Roommate


Brian and I don't see eye-to-eye on everything, but then again, there are quite a few things we have in common. 

One thing we do have in common is that we love animals.

 I grew up in a home where my mom had this huge soft spot for animals. I think people basically dropped no longer wanted pets off near our home because they knew my mom would take the abandoned animals in. I also have various memories of going to pet shops or other places where animals were for sale, and somehow my mom got succored into making a purchase. Then the whole ride home was spent thinking of things to tell my dad so he wouldn't freak out about my mom turning our house into a petting zoo. One of those times involved a pig. A potbelly pig. 

So any ways, it's always been weird for me to be at college and not have a pet around. Now that I'm married. . .I just really want a pet of some kind. So does Brian. We both agree that we would love to have a dog. But we just don't have the space right now for it. 

So I thought to myself, "Why not get a cat?"

 Of course, they aren't always as sweet as dogs are, but sometimes you can get lucky and find a sweet one. Plus, they are small, they know how to use a litter box, and they don't make very much noise. 

Brian wasn't too fond of this idea. He has never had a pet cat. Only barn cats. And guys, barn cats are vicious. Like tear-your-face-up-with-their-claws vicious. So I convinced Brian to at least test the cat idea out. 

So back to the thing about my parents' house being a petting zoo, naturally, my parents have about twenty cats. So they were willing to let us borrow one. It would hardly be missed, really. So we chose the black runt of the pack. None of the other cats like her much because she is a little strange. And she tends to follow the dogs around, so she has grown to think she is a dog. So it actually works out perfectly. Her name is Luna. She will be staying with us temporarily. Maybe for a week or so. Brian said she could come home as long as we kept her off the furniture. But look what happened. . .  



And I can proudly say that I am not the one who broke down and let her nap on the sofa. 
It was Brian. I think Luna is growing on him. It's actually quite hilarious. Luna wants to be Brian's companion. She is by his side constantly, following his every move. At first Brian was annoyed. But now he's just an attached sucker. . .



We're just working on converting cat haters to cat lovers one guy at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.