Monday, October 3, 2011

She Wears Short Skirts, I Wear T-Shirts

   





I had the ultimate GNO with my mom and sisters last Wednesday. Over the summer, my mom bought us tickets to Taylor Swift's concert. How cool is she? My mom I mean. But Taylor is pretty cool too. I think we got some of the very last tickets that were on sale. So of course, our seats were pretty high up, but I don't think any of us cared that much.

Guys, Taylor Swift throws a rockin' concert! Like she made me want to grow my hair out so I can have some wild spiral curls and do some major head banging. But I'd have to learn how to play the banjo before the spiral curled head banging. Of course.

Not only did T-Swift play about every song off her latest album, Speak Now, but she also played several of her older songs. And none of the songs were just her standing there, singing. Every song involved something awesome. Fire shooting from the floor, confetti falling from the sky, sparks shooting from the ceiling, Taylor floating around the audience in a balcony, crazy dancers acting out every song. . .this concert was a true work of art. Plus, she had over a dozen outfit changes. She sported her signature red lipstick and by the end of the night, her hair was all kinds of unruly. It was a grand time.

Really though, I love Taylor. Not only is she a very talented musician who takes her career very seriously, but I just love what she represents. She shows girls everywhere that being classy can still be cool. That having morals is worth it. That innocence is not stupidity, but can actually be something very wise. While I was listening to her, I realized would love to be able to empower women somehow. To make girls realize their worth and celebrate it. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do that.

Half-way through the concert, my sister Lexi leaned over to me and asked, "How old is Taylor Swift?"

I told her just about a year older than me. 21. She'd be 22 in December.

"Hmm," and she turned back to the stage for a second. Then she turned right back to me and said, "That's one rich 21 year-old."

Yep. Basically. Let's hope she only gets richer by making more awesome music and throwing more rockin' concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.