Sunday, March 18, 2012

Because 11 is a Number Too

I was tagged in this random 11 things post by the wonderful and talented Katie Mae. You ought to check her blog out. She recently got married, and her sarcastic humor is a breath of fresh air among all those other people who try too hard to be funny. Serious.

Any ways, I don't get the significance of the number 11 throughout this post. I guess 11 just wants to be heard. It's always five stars for this, or ten random things about me that, or if you had three wishes what would they be nonsense. So maybe 11 was just getting crabby wondering what exactly made numbers 3, 5, and 10 better. And the answer is nothing. Those numbers did nothing to become better than 11. So in this post, number 11 gets all the glory.

Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag 11 people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter/facebook and tell them you've tagged them.


That is a picture of my blue-shorts-covered butt. And if that offended any of you. . . .


. . .here is a picture of my face. Along with my best friend known as the camera. But it's one of those best friends who you spend a lot of time with, but they always stab you in the back. It's not a healthy friendship and who knows how long it will last.

11 Random Things About Kelsey Keller Weller (that's me)

1. I sleep in the fetal position. And sometimes I wear night gowns while I sleep in the fetal position.

2. I am a small-town Idaho girl and proud of it. There is something wonderful about growing up in a small community and then going out into the big world. Plus, I know how to shoot a gun, build a fire, and get my hands dirty. Things big world people don't know how to do.

3. I am a major people-pleaser. Sometimes I wonder if the word no is in my vocabulary.

4. I can't throw things away if they have sentimental value of any kind. I cling to birthday cards and movie tickets. I'm not a pack-rat. Just a memory-keeper.

5. If I could have any talent I do not have, I would want to be able to paint and draw.

6. I have naturally curly hair. In high school when I ran for activities manager, my slogan was "go with the fro" and I ratted my hair huge. I won.

7. When I was little, like two or three years old, I had two pet rabbits. They lived out in our barn. Then one day, I went crying to my mom because the bunnies were dead. When she asked me what had happened, I replied through tears and wails, "I hugged them dead!" Apparently I loved them too hard and mauled them to death.

8. I squeal a lot. I squeal when I'm excited. I squeal when I'm scared. I squeal when I lift heavy objects. It's just my natural response to a lot of things. And Brian laughs at it. Every time. (I had to come back and add something to this, because I just now thought of it. When I was just tiny, like still in a crib, my parents came in to hug me good night and said, "Kelsey, give us a big squeeze." Little did I know they wanted a hug. Instead I made a high pitched squeaking noise so I could give them their 'big squeak'. My family and family friends alike would then constantly ask me to give them a big squeeze. Perhaps that's where all the squealing started.)

9. If I rebelled for a day, I would get a tattoo.

10. I want to one day live in a cottage with a picket fence surrounding it. And there will be two pygmy goats tied to the fence so they can eat the weeds.

11. I have a black cat named Luna. If you ever read this blog, you most likely know about her already. Before we had her, her name was Moonlight so many people think we named her Luna since it means moon in Spanish. That's nice, but she's actually named after Luna Lovegood. Because she's strange. I'm sure if she was a person, she'd be like Luna Lovegood. Which is wonderful, since Luna is my favorite character in the Harry Potter books.

Katie's Questions and My Answers 

1. If you could relive one year of your life, what year would it be?
Answer: My senior year of high school. So I could show more love to a few of my dear friends who haven't made the best decisions since. And I can't help but miss playing sports competitively all the time. 

2. Favorite book?
Answer: Totally a tough one. I'm kind of a bookworm. I might have to say The Giver. It's an easy read, but such a deep and moving idea. And I also love Les Miserables. It's one of the greatest books that will probably ever exist. 

3. Describe your favorite outfit. . .
Answer: Depends on the day and my mood. I always love a good pair of dark wash skinny jeans, or a light knee-length skirt. Paired with some worn boots. And a statement blouse with a long, dangling charm necklace. Mmmm. 

4. What brings you the greatest happiness? 
Answer: Succeeding at something that takes a lot of work. Or helping to make others happy. 

5. What is your dream job? 
Answer: Honestly. . .I would love to just write. Sit in a creative nook and just write books. Be my own boss. Love life. I would also love to start a nonprofit organization.  

6.  What is your ideal way to spend a Saturday with no work or school? 
Answer: Supposing it's nice outside, I would go on a long hike. Then a swim. Then a picnic. Then when night came, dinner over a fire with s'mores for dessert. Then some star gazing while cuddling in a quilt with BWell. Can you tell I'm excited for summer? 

7. If you had three days and an unlimited amount of money, what would you do? 
Answer: Put enough money aside to make sure I could put all my future kids through college. And besides that, I don't really know. Money stresses me out. If I had more than three days then I'd just travel the world. 

8. Pretend you're 10 years younger. Is there something about the present you that would surprise you? 
Answer: So I would be 11. Hmmm. I would be surprised that I'm married to a blonde man. I would also be surprised that I'm even married. 

9. What is your favorite quote? 
Answer: Oh, I have so so many! Here are just a few: 

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
-Audrey Hepburn 

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” 
― Albert Einstein

 "By becoming the answer to someone’s prayer we often find the answer to our own.” 
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

10. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Answer: I'll give you two. Back rubs and a glass of Simply Orange in the morning. 

11. If a taco and a grilled cheese got in a fight, who would win? 
Answer: If the grilled cheese came with a bowl of tomato soup, then it would put up a good fight. But the taco would still win.

Questions for Tagged Peeps 

1. If you were a punctuation mark, what would you be and why? 

2. If you had to be blind or deaf, which would you choose? 

3. What is your dream vacation? 

4. If you could have any animal as a pet, what animal would it be? 

5. If you had a theme song, what song would it be and why? 

6. Are you a morning bird or a night owl? 

7. If you could live in a different time period, which would you choose? 

8. In the future, you have a child. If this child is a boy, what would you name him? If she is a girl, what do you name her? 

9. What are your top three most favorite holidays? 

10. How about your favorite restaurant? 

11. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? Or as an adult. Whatever. 

The 11 Lovely Human Beings I Tag 

1. Camille Keller Gatherings Along the Way

2. Lexi Keller Chasing Rainbows 

3. Megan Bongiovi YOUNG. and in LOVE. 

4. Shayla Alder Life Through My Eyes 

5. Jessica Stodtmeister the luckiest 

6. Bailey Johnson Every Day with Bailey Rae 


8. Lauren Jepsen Robins and Ruth 

9. Rachel Ruppert Simply Sardonic 

10. Sydney Curtis Sydney B. 

11. Randee Hafen Paper Window Dreams 

Don't feel like you have to tag 11 people, because that was kind of hard. You can tag four. Or one. Or none. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.