Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Best: Raining Cats & Dogs


I heard this story on the radio last week about how some 80 something lady in South America somewhere was walking out her front door one morning when a cat fell from the sky and landed on her head. It must have been a pretty big cat because she ended up in the hospital. Apparently the couple in the apartment above her had been fighting and, out of anger, the husband decided to throw the family cat at his wife. The wife dodged it, but the cat flew out the open window and hit the old lady below. Such a sad story and I hope that sweet lady is alright.

It hasn't actually been raining cats here, but goodness, it's been raining. With dark skies and angry weather, it can sometimes be an easy excuse to stay in sweats all day and not comb my hair. However, I was strong and still got dressed and also busted out the hair pomade. Okay, that's a bit of a lie. I didn't always bust out the hair pomade. On some days, I took the easy way out and just wore a hat. Like on Thursday when I wore a hat with this outfit. . .





dress: thrifted, blazer: maurices, polka-dot tights: Target, earrings: Claire's, hat: gift, ring: family air loom, boots: TJ Maxx


And yes, we took these pictures in a rush. Who wants to stand around in the rain and take pictures? Not I. And not Brian either.

I scored those boots last weekend for $16.00 and I was quite excited. And it's a good thing I decided to get dressed for the day because once I got home from classes, Brian took me out for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. He probably wouldn't have been as anxious to go out for a hot date with a wife dressed in sweats and with messy hair. Lucky me, because that medium rare steak tasted oh so glorious.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.