Thursday, December 27, 2012

We Decked Our Halls





We started "decking our halls" the day after Thanksgiving. So our house has looked like St. Nick threw up all over it for a while now. Most of our decorations were hand-me-downs or things I made. I don't want to take any of it down until the new year. I've grown so accustomed to curling up on the couch in the glow of the Christmas lights. And I know that Luna will miss knocking all the ornaments off our tree. It's been her favorite hobby over the last few weeks.

It always makes me a little bit sad when Christmas ends. It seems like the whole month of December is always a blur of colors, celebrating, shopping, and baking. Then, just like that, it's over for another 365 days. This Christmas season was full of fun moments for me, but it was also strung with sweet and simple moments. Ones that reminded me of what this time of year is really about, and that the whole entire year should also be about those same things. Loving others, kind acts of service, and being grateful for what I do have rather than what I think I want.






Plenty more Christmas posts coming right up. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.