Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude Journal: Seasons






As I look at my outside surroundings, take in the fresh fall air, watch as vibrant yellow leaves fall from the sky, and listen as they make the perfect crunch beneath my feet, I realize I am so very thankful to live in a place where I can experience four distinct seasons. Hot summers, brisk falls, frosted winters, and green springs.

Nature is a precious thing and I take it for granted too often. I forget how blessed I am to see clear stars at night, to run mountain trails in the early summer mornings, to make snowmen and drink hot chocolate at Christmastime. Sometimes I forget how neat of a place my mountain home is. I live in a land of great diversity and I am thankful for that.

As nice as 80 degree weather and beach time every day sounds, I think I would get bored with it. I like the spontaneity of snow in April, I like that it's a challenge to drive across icy roads to my destination in December, I like that in the same day I use both the heater and air conditioner in my vehicle. I love my seasons, all four of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.