Friday, August 17, 2012

99 Red Balloons

August 15, 2012

My mom's birthday.

A day we made this song a reality.

The day started out with my mom taking us on a ride in her new ranger (her birthday gift from my dad) we tied balloons to the sides and made her wear a tacky crown. After tearing up the mountain, spotting deer, and getting covered in a layer of dust, we ended the ride at the park in town.

It was there my mom's friends had gathered 99 red balloons. My mom and I have both always talked about how cool it would be to actually let go of 99 red balloons just like in the song. She also mentioned it to her friends. And since my mom has fantastic friends (I consider them my friends too), they surprised her with her balloon wish. It was the coolest thing to let them all go and watch as the blue sky quickly filled with red balloons. They quickly floated away until they were just tiny red dots scattered among the clouds.

Someday I want to be just like my mom. She is the best. What other mom would wear a Sleeping Beauty crown all day and get giddy about balloons like a little girl? I love that woman.





1 comment:

  1. Ahh - love this. Camille is the best. Happy VERY late birthday. This whole idea (red balloons, friends surprising, fun kids) makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.