Friday, December 24, 2010

JOY to the World

My mom loves the word joy. If I had to guess her favorite word, I'd guess joy. She told me once around Christmas time, that joy is an acronym. Each letter represents something that can help a person develop joy within their lives. Three basic things to have a life full of joy. These three things are

Jesus


Others


and


You

JOY

I am feeling much joy on this evening, because I am feeling each letter of joy being present in my life.

My thoughts are on the birth of my savior. He has done so much for me. His life intrigues me.


I am surrounded by others whom I love. And I believe they love me too. Life is so much more meaningful when it is filled with meaningful relationships.
I also like myself. Most of the time. And I am trying every day to work on being better.

Today, I met up with my four best friends from high school. It has been a while since the five of us have all been together. You never would have guessed though. We had a ball. I love them. Whoever said you don't stay in touch with your friends from high school was crazy. It does take some work though. It takes work to keep any relationship going. I am determined to have gatherings like this still when we are all in our fifties.


Now I get to spend the rest of my Christmas Eve with these wonderful people. .

May your Christmas be filled with JOY. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.