Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sanny Fran


In exactly one week, BWell and I will venture out to California to visit the Bay area. I have never been to San Francisco! Unless you count a connecting flight where I saw the Golden Gate Bridge as we flew away. . .but I don't count it. Brian's brother and his wife recently moved to the area so we figured we should pay them a visit during our Fall Break.

We already have a few fun things planned, and I'm sure Rhett and Alexis have loads of other ideas as well, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to turn to all you bright eyed geniuses out there who are reading this. Where should we go? What should we do? And most importantly, what should we eat? We already plan on visiting Alcatraz and the Winchester Mansion, so if you have any other ideas up your sleeve, spit them out and leave me a comment. You will make my day and I will send you tons of good wishes.

5 comments:

  1. We rented bikes and biked across the golden gate bridge and that was awesome! We also visited little Italy in the evening and it was awesome. They had this really authentic Italian place and Trevin spoke Italian with all the waiters. There's a little hippy town with tons of cute shops I'm trying to think of once you cross the golden gate bridge.. We rode the ferry and it was fun! You must go to Fisherman's Warf and find the 'bushman'. There is also Ghiradelli Square with amazing chocolatey treats! We'll be in California next weekend too but Disney Land. Have fun!! San Fran is one of my most favorite cities. Oh, go see the Full House house! Unless you didn't watch that as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite cities!! I'm so jealous. The natural place to eat is at Fisherman's Wharf. Get clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl and you'll be able to die happy. The whole area of the Wharf/Pier 39 is great. There's tons of great shopping downtown (the Embarcadero BART stop)- the biggest Forever 21 you'll ever see. Haight-Ashbury is way fun. Ghiradelli Square is a must. At night, go up to Twin Peaks and/or down to Treasure Island. Both have incredible, very different views of the city and bay. Chinatown is a blast. Kind of sketch, but great. Golden Gate Park is beautiful (bigger than Central Park!) We chose to walk across the bridge rather than drive or bike it, and I loved it. There's a really fun science museum called the Exploratorium. So fun! It's very hands-on and great. One night we just went to Cheesecake Factory, but it was at the very top of a really tall building that overlooked all of downtown. Haha! Writing all of this is killing me. Makes me miss it that much more. Have SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to go to the full house home!! The cable cars are a lot of fun too, check out Pier 39 they sometimes have shows that are going on there. Also you'll have to go see the crooked street it's pretty neat. And I know you'll want to run or walk across the bridge being a runner you are :) But you guys will have a lot of fun. I loved San Francisco its a fun place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be in San Fran next weekend too! I am really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the tips, guys. And Megan, Brian will be so upset when he discovers you told me about the biggest Forever 21 you'll ever see. Ha ha! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.