Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dream On





"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true."

Martin Luther King Jr.



Dr. King amazes me so much. The best people in the world are the ones that go through a great amount of trials, but still maintain a positive attitude. It would have been easy for him to hate the white man. But he didn't. He always preached against hate. If only we could remember his words of wisdom constantly. There are just too many haters in the world.
Like his quote above says, hate causes man to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful.
I spent Martin Luther King Day off from school and went snowboarding with BWeller and his family. I have just learned how this winter, and I think it is pretty fun. My whole life I lived in fear of going snowboarding or skiing, with my basketball coach threatening us to never go. So I never did in high school. Coach Line's one and only rule,
"Never go snowboarding. If I find out you have. . .you are off the team."
While being up in the mountains, I realized, once again, how beautiful this planet is. All the beauty is a little mind-boggling, really. So even though winter is a little cold and bitter at moments, I don't want to be a hater. Because all that snow, the pines, mountains as far as the eye can see. . .gosh, it is beautiful.







P.S. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for picking up on the whole snowboarding thing. I still am not sure which foot I like having forward. . .but whatever. Maybe I'm an ambidextrous snowboarder. I have always wanted to be ambidextrous. And I only got stuck on a catwalk once, in which I got unstuck thanks to a little boy that was skiing past. He stuck his ski pole right at me and asked if I wanted a pull. Bless his soul for helping out the awkward adult.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a blast!! It was fun when you and Brian surprised us!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. Leave a comment.