Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August

I never really planned my wedding up until I was engaged. I didn't clip pictures of brides out of magazines. I didn't fantasize about my diamond ring. I didn't know wedding colors were a thing until I was 19 years old. So, of course, I never really thought about what time of the year would be a good time to get married. I guess there is really no wrong time. As long as it's with the right person.

Two and a half years ago, we decided on the date of August 5th.

August has always been a meaningful month to me. It's a month that symbolizes the end of something and the start of something new. Often times, that ending was summer vacation which meant the start of a new school year.

When I got married it was the end of being single and selfish. Two years ago, August was the start of something very new for me: marriage.

The past two years have been filled with happy moments but they've also had their fill of ugly moments. I just focus on and broadcast those happy ones more often. Marriage is hard. Sometimes it hurts. But I also believe it can be the most rewarding and strengthening thing in this entire world. It's a lot of learning and stumbling, and that's good.

So hello, August. Let's celebrate new beginnings, whatever those may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.