Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Best: Menswear

blazer: Forever 21, button up: Old Navy, necklace: Smith's, jeans: Vanity, boots: Kmart 

The other day, I walked into class at the same time as my professor. He gave me a friendly hello and I responded with an equally friendly hello. Then I felt instantly cool as I walked in the classroom after him and realized our outfits were very similar. He was wearing jeans, a button up, and a blazer. I was wearing jeans, a button up, and a blazer. I suddenly had the urge to hold a coffee mug and start talking about crime rates and theories of crime as if I were discussing the weather. 

The only thing Mr. Professor was missing was a statement necklace. That's okay, I will let it slide. Especially since he is one of my most favorite professors ever. I took his criminology class last semester and I liked it so much that I decided to take his social deviance class this semester. There are close to a hundred kids in that class and he knows everyone by name. A few weeks into his class last semester, when he handed back tests, he handed me mine and said, "Nice work, Kelsey." I was so caught off guard. How did he know my name? I had never talked to him or made a remark once in those first few weeks. Well, we got our tests back in his class last Wednesday again. I was one of the last people to get mine and I asked him if he memorized everyone's names. He answered, "Yes. At least I try really hard to." And I told him I was impressed, because I was. 

So moral of the story: Invest in a blazer and know that not all professors are jerks. Some of them actually do care about their students. I've had a few really good ones in my last four years of school, and I hope they know how totally rad they are because of what they do for me and hundreds of other students too.

Also, here's a totally shameless plug to follow my blog on Bloglovin'. I've made it easy for you. Just click here

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, darling... You are darling. I love your blog. I have been a silent but religious reader for months and months. I decided that it's time to speak up. :) I kinda want to steal your Sunday Best idea. Of course I will change it up a bit and give it my own flare, but it will give me something to post about regluarly. I need that. I'm not as much of a fashionista as you are, but I do try. I sure hope you don't mind if I start copy catting you.

    Also, in reply to your comment on my milk post. I do love milk. I am saddened daily by the fact that I can't drink it. However, that little picture diddy that I found made me feel a whole lot better about having to cut milk out of my diet. I support you with your decision to continue to chug your milk. Enjoy it even more for me, please. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a terrific idea. DO IT! Copycat me. After all, I'm just copycatting fashion bloggers but I only do it once a week since I'm lazy. And I am sooo not a fashionista. Please.

      Delete

Make my day. Leave a comment.