Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mix Tape

I was listening to a song called "Meet Virginia" by Train. Good song. But Virginia is a little weird. It sounds like she is stuck in a life she doesn't want to be in. She tries living it a little differently than she's expected to. There is a line in the song that I can't help but laugh at, because it sounds exactly like something I would do:





"She only drinks coffee at midnight when the timing is not right. Her timing is quite unusual."






I do not drink coffee, but I'm sure if I did, I would probably end up drinking it at a silly time like midnight. My timing for things is just bad. Always. I don't know what my deal is. My timing is unusual in just about every way. Like I'll decide I want to go sleep outside somewhere when it's already dark. Or I'll have the urge to just jump in a body of water when it's cold and windy outside. Or I'll wear a new sweater I can't wait to wear when it's hot outside. Or many times I've liked a boy and then they decide they like me months later when I don't like them anymore. . .but maybe that's their bad timing. Hmmmmm. But all-in-all, my timing just stinks. I think a big part of this is because I'm super impulsive!


I don't think I'm a stupid person. . . .but I just don't ever think things through real well. I get an idea in this head of mine and think I instantly need to act.

So I am just thankful for all those people that use their heads, and still put up with the girl that loses her head (that's me!).



I am thankful for these two chicas:





Catherine and Dev hung out with me at the football game on Saturday. We ate a delicious steak dinner after. By this time it was almost midnight, but I got the idea in my head that I wanted to make cupcakes on Sunday afternoon. So they went to the grocery store with me, and we raced around finding what I needed before the clock would strike midnight and we would be breaking the sabbath. Thanks girls!


Oh, and the cupcakes turned out pretty cute:

They are little owl cupcakes :)




I am also thankful for my pal:



He puts up with a lot from me. But he has yet to kick me to the curb. He is smart so he's real awesome at making my random ideas turn into random real life acts. I know sometimes he probably seriously wonders if he's dating a girl that has lost her mind. But he always just shakes his head and smiles. He stops whatever I leave on the stove from burning when I run to look for something in my room. He helps me with my math even when I leave it until eleven at night. Be jealous girls: I have the world's best boyfriend.



I am so grateful for my family for dealing with me when I decide to come home at last minute. I love them with everything that is inside of me:


My mom is especially great. She has so much patience with me. She still loves me when I decide I want to do loads of laundry in the dead of the night, when I ask her to grab me one of her recipes right before I'm leaving, or when I want to steal her computer for a minute to look up something pointless.




I am also thankful for my Shay Baybay!




She tends to be pretty practical and down to earth about life. I wish I could be more like that. Maybe that's why I have a Shayla Alder in my life though. To keep me in line. To motivate me to do better. She controls my eccentric ways from being borderline crazy. I'm sure she puts up with bundles of my impulsive behaviors, living with me and all. But I think she still loves me. Or she's good at faking it. Either way.

I'm sure there are millions of other people that put up with my randomness as well. And I'm thankful for all of you. So THANKS. But don't tell me it's not a little fun sometimes. Just a little?

I guess I'm kinda like a mix tape. You never know what you're gonna get next. But hey, isn't that what makes mix tapes so exciting? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.