Thursday, July 7, 2011

Perfectly Alright

Today I realized that some days, it is perfectly alright to cry when you're feeling a little bit blue. 
I also realized it is perfectly alright to shed those tears in the presence of another human being.
And it is perfectly alright to let that human being set your head in her lap while she soothingly plays with your hair to comfort you and make the tears stop. Either that or let you know it's perfectly alright to let those tears out. 
And I realized it is perfectly alright to eat three candy bars in one sitting and not feel guilty about it.
I realized it is perfectly alright to walk around the empty apartment with hardly any clothes on because it is one of the few, if not the only, benefits of being home alone. 
I realized it is perfectly alright to not act tough all the time. 
I realized it is perfectly alright to miss someone you love. 
And I realized maybe it is perfectly alright to be apart from the one you love. 
Because I'm beginning to believe that what they say is true, about distance making the heart grow fonder.


I want to thank my lovely cousin, Megan, for reminding me that I am perfectly alright.
Everything will work out just perfect. 
And I'm alright with that. 
I am blessed.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.