Monday, November 4, 2013

Girls' Night Out at the Pumpkin Walk

The week before Halloween, Brian went out of town due to work for two days. I'm not one of those people who gets freaked out when I'm home alone or anything like that. However, I do go a bit crazy after being cooped up in my house by myself for too long. Think Jack Nicholson from "The Shining". Heeeere's Johnny!

I decided that I needed to get out of the house to pass the time that evening, and I convinced my mom and sisters to accompany me. We went out to dinner and then paid a visit to the North Logan Pumpkin Walk. The Pumpkin Walk is amazing for kids and adults alike. It's a free event the week before Halloween where people set up intricate displays using pumpkins, squash and other things. Many of the scenes are from movies, television shows or books. My favorite this year was probably a display of "Despicable Me 2". Pumpkins make the cutest minions, for real. This year, there were 50 different displays. The weather was even pretty mild for late October in Utah so it was nice to walk around outside. When I went two years ago, I'm pretty sure it was snowing and I walked through as quickly as humanly possible before my ears froze off.

I love that I live in a place that still has that American small-town feel. The Pumpkin Walk is just one of the many reminders of that. Guess what they do with the hundreds of pumpkins after the event is over? Well, they have the Pumpkin Toss. Teams build their own catapults to throw the pumpkins. I went to cover that event for work on Saturday and it was a blast (no pun intended).

Anyway, I didn't go camera crazy at the Pumpkin Walk and get a photo of every display, but we did take plenty of pictures using the face hole setups at the front of the park. Keep scrolling for further enjoyment . . .

    




and my personal favorite . . .


Girl time with my mom and sisters is the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.