Monday, May 20, 2013

Always Aggies

Remember that one time when we graduated from Utah State University? That was a good day (which I was actually surprised about). I waited all day long for something to go terribly wrong. You see, high school graduation was a close disaster. I barely made it on time after my less than reliable van broke down and I couldn't get a hold of anyone to come and save me. I remember jetting in, out of breath with my cap sliding off my head. Whew, that was stressful.

USU graduation was low stress. It was a beautiful sunny day. My hair curled just how I wanted it to. And I was surrounded by all my favorite people. Win. Win. Win.

Brian also walked with me so we avoided going through two college ceremonies. Thank the heavens. I appreciate him so much for being supportive and willing to walk with my college so I could be with all my friends and news peeps. What a guy. I am happy he made me a True Aggie years ago while standing on that block "A" by the light of a full moon. And even more happy he made me his wife. Sometimes I wonder why in the world we got married so young. Are we crazy? Well yes, we are. But there isn't anyone in the world I'd rather be crazy with.

 So there you have it. We are USU alumni now. I'll be that obnoxious mother who one day buys my newborn Aggie apparel. I'll probably also play the "Scotsman" on loop next to my belly while the babe is in the wound. Settle down, now. I'm merely being sarcastic.

Now we have diplomas, grown-up jobs (okay, Brian already did), and graduation robes that we have no clue what to do with. I'm thinking Halloween costumes. Zombie graduates maybe? Brian is considering wearing his around the house as a bathrobe. Hey, the fabric is quite silky. He might be onto something.








Also, that subtle chunk of dark hair is blue. Yeah, I think I'm really cool. I have Aggie Blue hair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.