Tuesday, October 12, 2010

She Who Wears the Crown

I remember this movie I use to watch called, "A Little Princess". Apparently it is also a book. Like most movies are. For those of you who have never seen the movie or read the book, I'll give you a short summary. . .



A little girl who lives in India with her father must stay at a girl's school while her father fights in World War I for the British. Her father is quite well to do. She has a crazy imagination and all the girls at the school are instantly captivated with her. When word comes that her father is dead, she has no one to care for her, and the evil head of the school makes her into a servant girl.


I won't tell you the rest, just in case you want to now watch or read the story. It has a happy ending. I will tell you that. But there is something that this little girl says to the evil lady that is very powerful, and I believe very true. She says,



"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny, old attics. Even if they dress in rags. Even if they aren't pretty, smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us."



All girls are princesses. It's true. Now this does not mean you can walk around with your nose in the air and yell, "Off with his head," every time someone upsets you. We aren't trying to be those types of princesses. But I believe that every girl does have a special glow inside of them that makes them a princess, even if that glow is very faint. Sometimes they just need a reminder. A little kindling added to their light. That's all.



Every girl has the ability to change the world, and bring happiness to those around them. Every girl is special and should never let anyone make them feel less than that. Hence, every girl is a princess.



We celebrated Shayla's 20th birthday last week. We had grand surprises in store for her. I took her into the salon to get her hair done fancy. She had no idea what was going on. After the hair was curled and pretty, I surprised her with one of her prom dresses. We then went out to dinner. I dressed up too. Every girl ESPECIALLY deserves to feel like a princess on her birthday!



A crown was also necessary. . . .














We went bowling with many wonderful friends as well. Here are a few other pictures from the night:
















On Saturday, I was once again reminded of how special us females are when my baby sister, Chloe, was baptized. She looked beautiful all dressed in white, and her princess-like glow was glowing like crazy! She is a princess. She is a daughter of a King. We all are. I cannot believe she is already eight. Time flies! My brother, Jace, also baptized her. I thought it was neat that Jace did that. I am so proud of my brother for being the kind of guy that treats girls like the princesses that they are.










More princesses from the special day:








Girls out there:

Treat yourself to something nice. Because you are a princess and deserve nice things. Have a bubble bath. Paint your nails. Wear a crown and run around town if you so please. You ARE allowed to do that you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.