Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Truth Tuesday

Here's an amateur sketch, by yours truly . . .

  •  Does anyone else have such issues at work? I was freezing today in my studio. I'm seriously considering packing my snuggie for tomorrow. Opposite problem in the winter. Logan is typically a frozen tundra during the winter months. You put on all the layers you can to protect yourself. You wear the thickest socks you own. And sweaters. You must wear warm sweaters. So in the winter, I go to work dressed to protect myself against a blizzard, only to get in the VFX studio and have it feel much like an Easy Bake Oven. Pretty soon, I'm mopping up a pile of my sweat with the sweater on my back. And yes, my very impressive art is also very dramatic. I feel I must clarify that I actually do not sit in the studio naked. The walls are glass and my coworkers can see inside, so that would be mighty awkward. Also, that was supposed to be a fan in my hand but it very much resembles a tulip . . . or something. 

  • I full-fledged bawled for myself a total of three times last week. That's a lot. I do cry pretty easily but usually not for myself. I guess I'm afraid of being a wuss (oh, the irony!). I was so sick with allergies on top of my sinus infection and I had just HAD it. I was sick of being sick! Typically when I get sick, it only lasts a few days before my body fights it off and bounces back. This time, however, I was a pathetic sick person. I kept trying to do all the things I regularly do as well, and I think it set me back even more. So yeah, I felt like I was wandering through a dark abyss all last week. I took naps every day (I'm not a napper), my exercise was at a bare minimum (I need exercise every day to stay sane), and I wanted to act out violently to just about anyone who crossed my path. So yeah, not a happy week. I went back to the doctor and got some new antibiotics, and this week is off to a much better start. You don't have to worry about me killing you in a fit of rage after all.

  • I absolutely love to create! I've found it's even more of a joy to create things with my husband. One day maybe we will create a baby, but for now we will stick to things like patio furniture. Brian built a sectional for our deck! I showed him a picture of something I liked and he just got out the tools and whipped it up! I even helped sand and stain. I also made the cushions for said furniture. It ended up being a really rewarding and fun project to work on together. Also, we saved tons of cash! Outdoor furniture is so expensive. It was much cheaper just to do everything ourselves, and it really didn't take up too much of our time. Since finishing the furniture, we've eaten dinner out on the deck almost every night. I'm also constantly camped on the new furniture, writing and reading. I'm out here right now typing up this silly blog post! 

  • A few weeks ago, I had a dream that I forgot to celebrate the Fourth of July. I woke up in a serious panic. If you know me, you know I'm a holiday freak. Also, July Fourth is one of my favorites. I most definitely went out and bought an American flag shirt the day after my nightmare. 

  • Father's Day came and went! My dad is the most difficult person to buy gifts for, mainly because he doesn't ever want anything. So like a six year old, this year I made him a candy poster. I knew he would get a kick out of it and I also knew he would for sure eat the candy bars. 

Well, I'm off to see Jurassic World. I haven't seen it yet because, I'll be honest, by the previews I thought it was going to be totally stupid. But according to ticket sales and the reviews people are giving it, I was totally wrong. My bad! I'm glad I was wrong though. I mean, the original Jurassic Park is such a classic.

Peace XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.