- When you pull into our driveway, it smells like apple cider. Our kitchen counter is currently covered with apples. I love having an apple tree (one that's very good at doing it's job, btw). Send me all your apple recipes. I'll send you apples in return.
- Brian and I are already in full-out Halloween mode. We have serious discussions each night about our super epic Couples Halloween Party. This will be the fourth year we've held the party. I sent out Facebook invites and so far only two people have responded that they are coming . . . and those two people are me and Brian. I'm having major panic attacks. So help relieve some stress in my life and respond to my party invite. Even if you say no, that's okay. But say yes! Because it's going to be super fun. And if you want to come but don't have an invite, heck, come anyway. We aren't the exclusive type. In the meantime, while I wait for you to RSVP, BWell will continue to tell me to simmer down because it's only the beginning of October.
- On the topic of Halloween, we bought a skeleton and spent way too much money on him. I think we may leave him up all year to get our money's worth. We're already way too attached and gave him the name of Eugene.
- I like to tell myself that I could care less what anyone thinks of me. And when it comes to my hair and dress, that might be true. However, when it really comes down to it, and I absolutely hate admitting this about myself, I am constantly worrying what others think of me. I'm an over-analyzer (duh, I'm female). I sit and fret after I run into someone in the store thinking, "Did I say the right thing? Was I friendly enough? What if they think I'm rude? What if they think I'm weird? Do they hate me? Did I come across as snooty?" I think we all, in a way, want everyone to like us. Right? I am a people-pleaser. It's one of my many downfalls. So while I try putting on a front that I'm a bold and brave individual who is not swayed by the opinions of others, I'm actually this timid girl who just wants to be liked by all, even sometimes at the expense of not liking myself. However, every day I get a little bit more secure with myself and who I am, and I realize a little bit more that it's okay if everyone doesn't like me. People won't like me. It's a fact of life. So I guess it's more important that I focus on liking myself and the person I am. It's a journey, but I think I'm making progress.
- I like vegetables more than I like fruits.
- I'm really struggling at getting up in the mornings. I used to be like the Energizer Bunny. When my alarm went off, I'd instantly pop up out of bed, ready to start the day. Now I hit snooze one too many times and dread coming out from under the covers. It's a bad deal too, because I like to work out in the mornings before work. If you have any suggestions for this sleepyhead, send them my way. I'll try anything.
- I think I like listening more than I like talking. And I'm okay with that. Honestly, I feel like there are too many talkers in the world and not enough good listeners. Being a good listener is like a forgotten art. I have a very long list of things I'm bad at. However, I think I'm a pretty good listener. It's one of the things I like about myself the most.
I think that's enough silly truths for now. I need to go to bed so I can (hopefully) get up early.