- I'm a pretty inconsistent blogger lately . . . if you haven't noticed. And if I'm going to be honest (and I will be since it's Truth Tuesday), I have a lot of issues with blogs. It probably stems from a blog post I read a few months back about how being a blogger is way harder work than being a journalist. Writing a post about your weekend that is riddled with spelling errors and bad grammar is not harder work than writing a real article, where you interview real people, about real issues. I'm sorry, it's just not. Being a journalist is actually a pretty tough job. At work the other day, I found an article of the "200 Worst Jobs of 2013". Newspaper reporter was 199 and broadcaster was 196. Newspaper reporter was only better than one job, guess what that was . . . A lumberjack.
- It always confuses me when people use a plus sign for the word "and". For example: apples + bananas. Does anyone else read that as apples plus bananas? Am I alone here?
- Everyone applies their makeup with a cat around their neck, right?
- If you know me, you know I have an obsession with bears (really, I have an obsession with all animals). So obviously, I made BWell take me to "Disney's Bears" over the weekend. I started crying during the opening scene. That's how emotional bears make me.
- I recently wandered around the mountains alone with my dog. So I guess I wasn't really alone, but you know what I mean. I felt super adventurous. Also, Munch peed on everything.
- Speaking of dogs, I took some BuzzFeed quiz to see what kind of dog I am and it told me I am a mutt. All my confidence went out the window. Thanks for nothing, BuzzFeed.
- You know how teenagers supposedly get mad because no one treats them like adults? Well, I never experienced that as a teenager. But that's my life right now. It's a very frustrating phase of my life because, seriously, I'm a freaking adult, and not many people treat me like one. I feel like I'm in such a vulnerable stage of life, trying to prove myself all the time. Every single day I'm trying to prove myself, whether it's with something huge like my career . . . or with something small like what I made for dinner. Proving myself in adulthood feels much scarier than anything else I've ever experienced.
- My Easter dress this year was hot pink. I'm not a hot pink person . . . but it's good to try new things.
- I feel like I should end by saying that I realize there are many wonderful things about blogs. I just had to vent for a minute at the beginning of this post. I love reading blogs and I love being able to blog myself. Hooray! Hugs and rainbows everywhere!
Thanks for reading. Only a few more days until the weekend. ;)